Unless otherwise specified via a written fixed price quotation, our removals charges are based on the hourly rates listed below, plus the cost of fuel:
|1 man |
2 men for half a day (4 hours)
2 men for a full day (8 hours)
3 men for half a day
3 men for a full day
Removals All our services are subject to a minimum booking of two hours, with additional time charged in 20-minute increments.
Fuel for all journeys in the UK and Europe is charged at 50p per mile.
Please ensure any keys are with us on the day of the move, we like to get going! If we are waiting for keys past the agreed start time, charges at half our usual hourly rate will be incurred.
Please also inform us if we will be passing through a congestion zone so we can add the cost of the charge to the invoice.
We work hard to ensure your items arrive undamaged. We do, however offer additional liability on our insurance at an extra cost of 10% of the overall invoice cost. To be eligible for Additional liability, you must declare the entire property value – if entire property value is not declared, terms of additional liability are broken and Wolves Removals no longer have liability over the safety or condition of your goods. With our standard pricing, Standard liability applies which means that Wolves Removals do not accept responsibility for damages.
Charges for removal of waste will be based upon a site inspection and quotation prior to the start date.
Any unwanted items of value that are of interest to our sister company Wolves Antiques can be traded against the invoice. If this occurs the agreed cost of those items will be removed from the overall invoice.
Payment can be made via BACS, credit/debit card or cash to the driver upon completion. No cheques.
2 – Quotations
To provide our customers with the best quotation possible we need their full cooperation to help things run smoothly.
On bigger jobs one of our employees will survey the site to make thorough and accurate estimations of timescale, mileage and items to be moved etc.
For smaller, hourly rate, jobs we require the following information to make an estimate:
• Full address details (inc. postcode) of all collections and deliveries.
• Particulars of properties including:
- Type (e.g flat, does it have stairs?)
- Number of bedrooms
- Sheds, garages and lofts etc.
- Distance from road (is parking suitable for a large van?)
• Particulars of items to be delivered:
- Number of boxes
- Large items
- Valuable items
For courier services we make an inventory, for removals we advise our customers to make their own to avoid confusion.
In extreme weather conditions (e.g heavy wind/rain/snow) Wolves are not responsible for delays caused to the agreed delivery times. In this circumstance we will do our best to get to you as soon as possible, however if access to your road/property is impaired by extreme weather we will not be able to continue the move and another date will be arranged. Wolves are not responsible for any costs you incur due to the weather stopping us from undertaking your agreed service.
3 – Cancellation Policy
For international services a 50% deposit will be taken 48 hours before the agreed date to cover preparation costs we may incur (such as ferries, accommodation etc.)
For domestic services we try to be flexible, but a £70 charge will incur if you don’t let us know you are cancelling your service within a full working day of the start date.
4 – Parking
When packing or unloading we may be required to park for several hours, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that we have legal access to do so, any fines we may incur will be added to the final cost of the overall invoice.
Wolves advise their customers to contact their local council(s) if unsure about parking arrangements during the move, they can advise you on how to arrange parking dispensations to avoid fines.
5 – During the move
At Wolves we pride ourselves on punctuality and try to arrive at all our jobs early, unfortunately unforeseen circumstances beyond our control can cause delays to your move, we will always try our best to work through these but we cannot accept any responsibility for customer losses due to circumstances out of our control.
Wolves Removals and its employees reserve the right to refuse to continue services if they feel threatened in any way.
Customer cooperation is essential for a smooth moving process, we try very hard to keep in contact via phone, text and social media to ensure our customers are aware of every process of their move, we ask all our customers to please read through your responsibilities to us before your move:
– Customers must provide an accurate valuation of all goods to be transited, if it is discovered that the value of goods is higher than your declared valuation, you agree that Wolves’ liability will be reduced to reflect the difference of your declared value against their actual value.
– Customers must obtain at their own expense, all necessary documentation for the move and parking arrangements. e.g parking permits, change for meters, visitor passes etc.
– Customers must be present or represented during loading and unloading of goods, or make prior arrangements to ensure that nothing is either left behind or taken in mistake.
– Customers must ensure that electrical items and appliances are safely disconnected before our arrival.
– Customers must ensure that all fridges and/or freezers are properly disconnected before our arrival. Wolves are not responsible for their contents.
Other than reason of negligence or breach of contact, Wolves will not be held liable for any loss or damage, costs or charges that may arise from failing to correspond with these responsibilities.